Home Inspector Application Packet
To complete the application, please:
- Answer all questions, sign and date.
- Include a signed check in the amount of $175.00 for the application & initial registration fee.
- Include a copy of the applicant's DPS fingerprint clearance card, front and back.
- Include a copy of successful completion results from the National Home Inspector Examination.
- Include proof of completion of an approved training program showing a minimum of 84 hours of training in accordance with R4-30-247(5).
- Include log of 30 parallel inspections (must have a notorized affidavit signed by each parallel inspector to be included with your submitted parallel inspection log).
- Include a Verification of Experience form completed by each Certified Home Inspector who acted as a parallel inspector
- Do not include an original home inspection report. Board Staff will randomly select one of the parallel inspections from the log of 30 parallel inspections that meet the standards set forth in R4-30-301(1). Board Staff will request the report after verifying the rest of the application is complete. The requested report may be submitted to staff electronically.
- Complete, sign and date “Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status for State Public Benefits,” which is found within the Home Inspector Application Packet, along with a copy of supporting evidence as listed on pages 3-5 of the document.
- Include a copy of a government issued photographic identification, pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1080. (See the included document within the Home Inspector Application Packet, which lists acceptable forms of ID headed by "Attention" and dated 8/9/2017).
- Sign and date Notice to Home Inspectors
Home Inspector Application Fee
|Home Inspector Application & Initial Registration fee||$175|
Home Inspector Exam Information
You are required to pass the National Home Inspector Examination. For complete information, go to PSI Exams. You may register online or call 800-733-9267.
For more information go here Home Inspector Examinations or call 847-298-7750
Home Inspector School Information
Pursuant to R4-30-247(A)(5), a Home Inspector applicant must provide:
"Evidence of successful completion of 84 hours of classroom training or an equivalent course conducted by an educational facility that is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education, or accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, or by an accrediting agency approved by the United States Department of Education.
The course of study shall encompass all of following major content areas:
Structural Components, Exterior, Roofing, Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, Insulation and Ventilation, Interiors, Fireplaces and Solid Fuel-Burning Devices, Swimming Pools & Spas, and Professional Practice;"
*The Board is not responsible for any errors or omissions on any lists maintained by any other agency or entity and makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees that attendance at any school so listed will ensure licensing, and it is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they meet statutory requirements for licensure at the time the application is considered by the Board.*
If you have questions regarding financial assurance, please email [email protected]
Per ARS 32-122.02,
B. Within sixty days after certification and before any fee-based home inspection is performed, a home inspector certified pursuant to this chapter shall file one of the following financial assurances pursuant to rules recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee and adopted by the board:
1. Errors and omissions insurance for negligent acts committed in the course of a home inspection in an amount of two hundred thousand dollars in the aggregate and one hundred thousand dollars per occurrence.
2. A bond that is retroactive to the certification date in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars or proof that minimum net assets have a value of at least twenty-five thousand dollars.
C. If a home inspector loses or otherwise fails to maintain a required financial assurance, the certification shall be automatically suspended and shall be reinstated if a financial assurance is obtained within ninety days. If a financial assurance is not obtained within ninety days, the certification shall be automatically revoked.