Home Inspector Application Packet
To complete the application, please:
- Answer all questions, sign and date.
- Include a signed check in the amount of $175.00 for the application & initial registration fee.
- Include a copy of the applicant's clearance card, front and back.
- Include a copy of your completion results from the National Home Inspector Examination.
- Include proof of completion of an approved training program showing a minimum of 84 hours of training in accordance with R4-30-247(5).
- Include your log of 30 parallel inspection (must have a notorized affidavit signed by each parallel inspector to be included with your submitted parallel inspection log).
- Include a Verification of experience form completed by a Certified Home Inspector.
- Do not include an original home inspection report. Board Staff will randomly select one of the parallel inspections from your log of 30 parallel inspections you have prepared that meet the standards set forth in R4-30-301(1). Board Staff will request the report after verifying the rest of your application is complete. You may submit the report to staff electronically.
- Complete, sign and date “Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status for State Public Benefits,” which is found within the Home Inspector Application Packet, along with a copy of supporting evidence as listed on pages 3-5 of the document.
- Include a copy of a government issued photographic identification, pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1080. (See the included document within the Home Inspector Application Packet, which lists acceptable forms of ID headed by "Attention" and dated 8/9/2017).
- Sign and date Notice to Home Inspectors
Home Inspector Application Fee
|Home Inspector Application & Initial Registration fee||$175|
Home Inspector Exam Information
You are required to pass the National Home Inspector Examination. For complete information, go to PSI Exams. You may register online or call 800-733-9267.
For more information go here Home Inspector Examinations or call 847-298-7750
American Home Inspectors Training Institute
21001 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite 1630-218
Phoenix, AZ 85050
ATI Home Inspector Training
15650 N. Black Canyon Hw Ste 235
AZ School of Real Estate and Business
7142 East First Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toll Free: (800) 659-8088
8777 E. Via de Ventura
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Inspection Career Training Academy
15650 N. Black Canyon Hwy, Unit 135B
Phoenix, AZ 85053
1014 Pennsylvania Ave
Tyrone, Pennsylvania 16686
Inspection Training of Arizona
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy, Suite 115
Phoenix, AZ 85048
1750 30th Street, #301
Boulder, Colorado 80301
PO Box 449
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Ph: (888) 564-9098
U.S. Career Institute
2001 Lowe Street
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Ph: (866) 250-6851
Per ARS 32-122.02,
B. Within sixty days after certification and before any fee-based home inspection is performed, a home inspector certified pursuant to this chapter shall file one of the following financial assurances pursuant to rules recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee and adopted by the board:
1. Errors and omissions insurance for negligent acts committed in the course of a home inspection in an amount of two hundred thousand dollars in the aggregate and one hundred thousand dollars per occurrence.
2. A bond that is retroactive to the certification date in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars or proof that minimum net assets have a value of at least twenty-five thousand dollars.
C. If a home inspector loses or otherwise fails to maintain a required financial assurance, the certification shall be automatically suspended and shall be reinstated if a financial assurance is obtained within ninety days. If a financial assurance is not obtained within ninety days, the certification shall be automatically revoked.