15. Definition of "Engineering Practice"
The Board's statutes define "engineering practice" to include advertising that the person is able to perform or does perform any engineering service or other service recognized by educational authorities as engineering.
Substantive Policy Statement
The Board interprets the definition of "engineering practice" to exclude participation in a response to a request for qualifications under the following circumstances:
- The request for qualifications is followed by a request for proposals and then final selection;
- The engineer is licensed by the Board of Technical Registration before the contract is awarded;
- The project is governed by 23 CFR 635.l 10(F)(2); and
- At the time the response to the request for qualifications is submitted, the engineer holds a license in good standing from another jurisdiction in a comparable discipline.
Arizona Revised Statues § 32-101(17).
Issued: November 18, 2014
Effective: November 18, 2014
Filed with the Arizona Secretary of State's Office November 20, 2014.