9.1 The inspector shall observe:
A. permanently installed heating systems including:
1. heating equipment.
2. normal operating controls.
3. automatic safety controls.
4. chimneys, flues and vents.
5. solid fuel heating devices.
6. heat distribution systems including fans, pumps, ducts and piping, with supports, dampers, insulation, air filters, registers, radiators, fan coil units, convectors.
7. the presence of an installed heat source in each room.
9.2 The inspector shall:
1. energy source.
2. heating equipment and distribution type.
B. operate the systems using normal operating controls.
C. open readily openable access panels provided by the manufacturer or installer for routine homeowner maintenance.
9.3 The inspector is NOT required to:
A. operate heating systems when weather conditions or other circumstances may cause equipment damage.
B. operate automatic safety controls.
D. ignite or extinguish solid fuel fires.
1. the interior of flues.
2. fireplace insert flue connections.
4. electronic air filters.
5. the uniformity or adequacy of heat supply to the various rooms.