Attention Home Inspector Applicants
Pursuant to a statutory change and effective August 3, 2018, the Arizona Board of Technical Registration will no longer accept the fingerprint cards that had been required for certification as a home inspector. The Board will now require home inspector applicants to submit clearance cards issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
● The former fingerprint cards will not be accepted after August 3, 2018.
● All home inspector applications must be submitted with a copy of the front and back of the DPS clearance card attached beginning on August 3, 2018. Applicants will not be accepted without the clearance card documentation.
● Home Inspector applicants can begin submitting clearance card applications to DPS beginning on August 3, 2018.
● New home inspector application forms will be posted on the Board’s website. Any old forms that are received by the Board will be returned to the applicant.
● You can learn more about the clearance card application process by accessing the DPS website at www.azdps.gov . The phone number for the DPS Applicant Clearance Card Team is (602) 223-2279.
The Board will post instructions regarding the criminal background check process on its website by August 1, 2018. Please check the website frequently during the change in application processes. Home inspection firms, please share this with your hiring staff and potential home inspector employees. If you are a home inspector who supervises parallel inspections for applicants, please share this information with those potential applicants.