7.1 The inspector shall observe:
A. interior water supply and distribution system including:
1. piping materials, including supports and insulation.
2. fixtures and faucets.
3. functional flow.
5. cross connections.
B. interior drain, waste and vent system, including:
1. traps; drain, waste, and vent piping; piping supports and pipe insulation.
3. functional drainage.
C. hot water system including:
1. water heating equipment.
2. normal operating controls.
3. automatic safety controls.
4. chimneys, flues and vents.
D. fuel storage and distribution systems including:
1. interior fuel storage equipment, supply piping, venting and supports.
E. sump pumps.
7.2 The inspector shall:
1. water supply and distribution piping materials.
2. drain, waste and vent piping materials.
3. water heating equipment.
B. operate all plumbing fixtures, including their faucets and all exterior faucets attached to the house.
7.3 The inspector is NOT required to:
A. state the effectiveness of anti-siphon devices.
B. determine whether water supply and waste disposal systems are public or private.
C. operate automatic safety controls.
D. operate any valve except water closet flush valves, fixture faucets and hose faucets.
1. water conditioning systems.
2. fire and lawn sprinkler systems.
3. on-site water supply quantity and quality.
4. on-site waste disposal systems.
5. foundation irrigation systems.
6. spas, except as to functional flow and functional drainage.