NCARB has announced that My Examination is up and running.
Expired Exam Scores
The Board was reminded of the July 1, 2014 implementation date for expiration of pre-2006 examination scores for any candidate that has not completed the ARE by that date. The ARE Rolling Clock was applied to pre-2006 scores beginning July 2009. ARE candidates who have not tested since 2006—and have not completed all divisions of the ARE—should log in to My NCARB to review their status and schedule to complete the ARE prior to July 1, 2014.
Intern Development Program (IDP)
On 24 February 2009, the Board of Technical Registration voted to formally adopt the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) Intern Development Program (IDP). Effective immediately, completion of IDP will now be the primary means of satisfying the training requirements for licensure. Following are some important facts regarding this change:
- This requirement will affect all new applicants after the 24 February 2009 adoption date.
- Any individual whose application is already in process will not be affected by this change.
- Per our statutes and rules, Arizona will still allow licensure without an accredited degree. Individuals without a degree will need to demonstrate training determined acceptable by the Board in lieu of the degree. The Board will then advise NCARB that the individual is qualified to begin the IDP program.
- Candidates without an accredited degree should reference the Board’s Rules, specifically section R4-30-212.B. for information regarding the experience that will be required in lieu of the accredited degree.
- Documentation of successful completion of IDP and the NCARB licensing exam will be required for the granting of a license.
- Reciprocal registrations will be unaffected by this change.