ATTENTION HOME INSPECTORS: SPECIAL NOTICE
On August 3, 2018, the licensing requirements for home inspectors under A.R.S. § 32-122.02 will change as follows:
- The AZ Board of Technical Registration will stop accepting Fingerprint Cards with applications. Date to be announced.
- Home inspectors applicants will need to obtain a Clearance Card from DPS in order to apply for certification. Date to be announced.
Important! Important! Important! Please read!
Due to the transition, there will be a period of time in late July into August when the Board will not be able to accept and process applications for home inspectors. This will be the time when DPS can no longer accept fingerprint cards but may not have FBI clearance to accept clearance card applications. The Board will issue a notice when we have more information on the dates.
How does the Clearance Card requirement work?
- You will apply to DPS for your clearance card rather than the Board.
- The clearance card covers a six year time frame after issuance. You will not need to renew the clearance card after the initial six years.
- The clearance card fee will be $65.00. The clearance card process will be faster than the fingerprint card process.
- You will need to have the clearance card when you apply to the Board. Plan and apply to DPS in advance of your plans to apply for a home inspector certification with the Board.
- You cannot apply for the clearance card until the Board receives word that the FBI has approved its card authorization. We will let you know when that happens.
We will provide more information as it becomes available. Stayed tuned to our website and Facebook.